ADX Communications of Escambia, LLC
7251 Plantation Road
Pensacola, Florida 32504
General Contest Rules as of 09/15/18
For Cat Country 98.7 (WYCT), NewsRadio1620/92.3 (WNRP). 1330/99.1 (WEBY), and ESPN Pensacola 94.5 (WYCT HD2 and W233CM) (“Station(s)”) ADX Communications of Escambia, LLC, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct a contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules (the “Rules”), and by taking part in the Contest, each person taking part and participanting in the Contest (“Participant”) agrees as follows:
1. Description of Contest/Participation. See specific CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS for the specific Contest Rules which are included with these General Contest Rules as the overall Rules for each Contest. Parties can write the Station requesting copy of Rules (enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope).
2. Prize(s). Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the date the prize was won. No cash equivalent for prize will be awarded. Prize is nontransferable. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents and at least 18 years old as determined by the Company and reside in the Pensacola Total Survey Area (TSA) which is determined by the major national company that surveys radio ratings (Escambia, FL, Santa Rosa, FL, Baldwin, AL, Escambia, AL, Okaloosa, FL) or in Mobile County, AL. Occasionally there is a Contest that allows minors to participate. In this case, a parent or guardian of any Participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. All Participants in contests including activity involving voting for winners of contests must also reside in the United States. Only one (1) entry per person unless specified by a specific contest. Only one (1) prize allowed per household for each Contest in every thirty (30) days. Employees of the Company and its contractors, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of (or contractors to) other radio or television stations, former employees (until 30 days after last date of compensation), and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, stepparents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as in-laws, or by current or past marriages, re-marriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Telephone, Mobile, Texting, Internet and Delivery Disclaimer. If a Contest is a call-to-win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the ‘Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a Participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all Contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, text services, text applications, the Internet or at any web site or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win Contest must be handwritten unless specified as “register to win kiosks or tablets.” No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted. A time delay may occur when listening to the broadcast using an on-line stream resulting in delayed contest times. Odds of winning contests while listening to on-line streams of the broadcast may be diminished.
More specifics on Contest entries:
Telephone Entries. If a Contest accepts telephone entries, Company and sponsors are not responsible for the inability of caller to complete the call during the call-in portion of the Contest whether due to telephone equipment malfunctions; disconnections; busy lines; faulty, is transcribed, misdirected, or misdialed telephone communications; or other circumstances. Only calls to the designated telephone number(s) will be eligible to win.
Text Entries. If a Contest accepts text entries, Company and sponsors are not responsible for the inability of entrant to participate during the text-in portion of the Contest whether due to telephone equipment malfunctions; disconnections; dropped signal; faulty connection, is transcribed, misdirected, or misdialed telephone communications; or other circumstances. Only texts received to the designated telephone number(s) will be eligible to win.
Fax Mail & Electronic Entries. If a Contest accepts fax or mail entries (postal or electronic), Company and its sponsors are not responsible for the late, misdirected, lost, misplaced, illegible, mutilated or postage-due entries for any reason, including electronic or computer malfunctions that may affect the delivery or content of the entry, nor are they liable for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or hardware related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
Web Site Entries. In the event a Contest accepts website entries, Participants must accurately complete all required fields or entry will be deemed invalid. Company and its sponsors shall have no liability for any malfunction of the Internet, Company website or any other computer-related processor system including Facebook, Twitter or the like. Company is not responsible for any prize offered or any aspect of any Contest appearing on an advertiser’s web banner or hyperlink located on Company website.
Drop Box Entries. In the event a Contest accepts entry forms by deposit in an entry box, Company and its sponsors are not responsible for lost, misplaced, illegible, mutilated, or incomplete entry forms, and such entries will be deemed invalid.
Other Entries. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. For Contests that have a registration to win, Participants may also enter by printing your full name, street address, e-mail address, Contest name, mobile phone number and daytime phone number on a 3”x5” card and dropping off or mailing card to address above.
5. Publicity. Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all Participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other Contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, Participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from Participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
6. Release. By participating in the Contest, each Participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, Participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official Rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number (using IRS Form W-9 provided to winner by Company) before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning $600 or more in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 following the end of the calendar year and a copy of the 1099 form will be filed by the Company with the IRS as required by law.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, Participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the Rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these Rules in its sole discretion.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS, TEXT SYSTEM, SOCIAL MEDIAOR WEB SITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Miscellaneous.Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the Rules or discontinue (or extend) the Contest at any time as announced by the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify Participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the Rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours to make a request or mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the Station’s address, listed above. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, or e-mail, visit the main office of the Station during regular business hours, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to ADX Communications of Escambia, LLC, 7251 Plantation Road, Pensacola, Florida. 32504; provide your full name, street address, phone & fax numbers, and your e-mail address.
Calls made to our Stations and Texts Sent at any time may be broadcast, or recorded and edited for on-air playback, and you give permission for this.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc., as required by local and state law.
11. Copy of Rules. Complete Rules are available at 7251 Plantation Road, Pensacola, Florida 32504 during regular business hours, on the Station’s website or by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Station.
General Contest Rules as of 09/15/18 23:40