Andrew McKay 11/06/19
Escambia County Traffic Operations Manager David Forte told a District 5 Townhall audience this week that FDOT has confirmed with him the following expected completion times for North Escambia construction:
- 9 Mile Beulah Rd to NFCU Light: Spring 2020 (Yellow)
- 9 Mile NFCU Light to Klondike Rd: December 2019 (Green)
- 9 Mile Klondike to Pine Forest: Spring 2021 (Red)
- 9 Mile Pine Forest to US 29: Fall 2020 (Yellow)
- US 29 I-10 to 9 1/2 Mile Rd: June 2021 (Red)
D5 Commissioner Steven Barry also announced there is no current play to install new traffic lights at any of the intersections along 9 Mile such as Stefani, Ashland, or Bowman. Forte elaborated that none of those intersections meet the traffic count or accident data FDOT would need to justify a new signal. The intersection of 297A and 97 is being studied right now for possible improvements, but nothing has been decided yet. The Kingsfield Extension to Beulah was also discussed, and much of that project location is still undecided, but Barry did say the County needs to have that project at least as far as the Connector road (wherever that is) before the Beulah Interchange can be constructed.